Anyone who loves salmon would vouch for this amazingly simple, yet flavourful combo of salmon with salsa. This time, I decided to ditch my usual favorite, olive oil – used butter instead, for better flavor. Salmon needs very little seasoning since it has an amazing flavor on its own, so if you ask me, salmon dishes are the easiest and quickest to cook.
Needless to say, the pan seared salmon with mango-avocado salsa is one of my go-to dishes for entertaining a large number of guests or unexpected guests. Well, it is also great for just a family lunch or dinner, weekend or weekday, occasion or no occasion, guests or no guests.
As for the mango-avocado salsa, I used mangoes that were not very ripe, so the tangy taste of the mangoes is neutralized by the avocado. To be frank, I have this irresistible urge to make salsa the moment I see mangoes, so I don’t mind if it is not quite ripe. If you like it sweet, you can always use ripe ones. It tastes great anyway.
In case you’re interested in variations, check out my other salmon recipes:
Recipe for pan seared salmon with mango-avocado salsa
- salmon – 500 gms, cut into 4 fillets, with skin
- red chili flakes – 1/4 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- a few dashes of freshly crushed pepper and salt to taste
- butter – 2 teaspoons
For the mango-avocado salsa
- mango (almost ripe) – 1 or 2 (depending on the size), diced
- avocado – 1, peeled, cored and diced
- onions – 2, diced
- red peppers – 1, diced
- cilantro – chopped and loosely packed – 1/3 cup
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the chili flakes, salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest in a bowl and coat the salmon fillets with the mixture.
- Heat butter in a pan and add the salmon skin down. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat and flip carefully.
- If the fillet is thick, make sure that each side is flipped and cooked until all sides are lightly browned.
- Combine all the ingredients for the mango-avocado salsa. Give it 10 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Serve the mango-avocado salsa with the perfectly juicy pan-seared salmon fillets.
Did you try the recipe? Don’t forget to write to me.