Pineapple avocado salsa
Pineapple salsa with juicy bits of pineapple, avocado and peppers
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pineapple
- 1 avocado
- 1 onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt or 1 teaspoon regular salt
- a handful of fresh cilantro
For the pineapple 'boat', cut the pineapple into half lengthwise and cut along the inner rim of the pineapple, leaving about 1/2 inch of flesh from the shell. Now cut the flesh inside into cubes carefully without cutting through the shell, then scoop out the cubes with a spoon.
Finely dice the pineapple cubes and also the peppers, onion and jalapeno.
Finely chop cilantro and mix with lemon juice and salt in a small bowl and add to the rest of the ingredients in a serving bowl.
If you are serving in the pineapple boat, refrigerate the shell and the salsa separately and assemble just before serving.
- Himalayan salt, also called pink salt gives a unique flavor to the salsa. But if you can't find one, it's ok to use regular salt.
- The quantities can be tweaked according to your personal taste.