Paprika feta dip is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply craving a savory snack. A quick addition to your holiday feast, this spicy feta dip could become your next favorite last-minute appetizer.
Why you’ll love this paprika dip
- Bold flavors: The combination of spicy paprika and creamy feta makes it a great appetizer.
- Creamy Texture: Feta paprika dip combines rich and creamy feta with the smoky sweetness of roasted red peppers.
- Roasted garlic adds a unique twist to this dip as in the creamy roasted garlic sauce.
- Versatile: Perfect as a dip, spread, pairing with various snacks or even as a topping for various dishes.
- Easy to make: Simple ingredients come together for a flavorful cheesy dip with minimal effort. It is as easy as tahini yogurt sauce.
- Crowd-pleaser: This spicy feta dip recipe, (like spicy hummus with harissa) appeals to both spice lovers and those who enjoy savory, tangy flavors.
- Mediterranean Twist: This paprika feta dip is full of Mediterranean flavors (it is adapted from the traditional Tirokafteri, a delicious Greek dip).
Let’s get to the recipe right away!
(You can find the exact measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this page.)
This spicy feta dip requires just a handful of ingredients.
- Feta: Good quality feta cheese is key to this spicy cheese dip recipe.
- Red bell peppers: You can roast them yourself as explained in this recipe. If you don’t have enough time, use store-bought ones. (In that case roast garlic with a splash of oil in a small pan on stove-top.)
- Spices: Creamy dips taste more delicious when various spices are added. You’ll need only a couple of them here:
- Cayenne pepper: you can also use crushed red pepper flakes.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Fresh parsley for garnish
How to make paprika feta dip: Step by step
Step 1: Roast red peppers and garlic
Preheat the oven to 210°C/410°F.
Place red bell peppers and garlic cloves (with skin) on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
Spray olive oil. Wrap the garlic cloves in a small piece of aluminium foil.
Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping the red peppers at the 15-minute mark.
Open after 5 minutes. Let it cool.
Now the skin would come right off.
Step 2: Blend
Peel the peppers and discard the skin and seeds. Chop them roughly.
Peel the garlic cloves.
Reserve a tablespoon of crumbled feta for garnish.
Place the chopped red peppers, garlic and crumbled feta cheese in a food processor. Add paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper and lemon juice.
I prefer a little bit of texture to the dip. Feel free to process it a bit more if you want a smoother texture.
Ensure that you don’t over-process.
That’s it! You’ve made one of the best creamy dips with feta and paprika.
Step 3: Garnish
Transfer the delicious dip into a serving bowl.
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and the reserved crumbled feta.
This red pepper dip can be made more interesting with these toppings:
- Toasted sesame seeds or any other seeds or nuts.
- Chopped Kalamata olives or black olives.
- Caramelized onions.
- Additional fresh herbs like basil, cilantro or dill.
- Red chili flakes or freshly cracked black pepper.
Tips to make the best feta paprika dip
- Prepare the ingredients: To make the perfect dip, crumble the feta and chop the red peppers before you add them to the food processor.
- Drizzle olive oil: Add extra virgin olive oil slowly while the processor is still running. This will emulsify the dip and make it more creamy.
- For a thinner dip: Add a bit more of extra virgin olive oil.
Variations and additions
- No cayenne pepper? Fresh chili peppers or jalapenos can be used instead.
- Love garlic flavor? Add ½ a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Smoked paprika dip: Want more smoky flavor in addition to the roasted red peppers? Use smoked paprika instead of regular paprika.
- For slightly sweet undertones: Substitute with sweet paprika.
- Like more citrus? Add a teaspoon of lemon zest.
- Want a more creamy dip? Add a tablespoon or two of Greek yogurt (top up with a pinch of spices and salt to balance the flavors).
Making it for a crowd
This spicy feta dip recipe can be easily adapted to suit any number of people.
Use the scale in the recipe card to make this dish according to your desired number of servings.
Storage and making ahead tips
Storage: This feta paprika dip will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. You can make this dip in advance and store it in an airtight container.
Making ahead: If you want to make ahead and store for more than 4 days, you can freeze it. It keeps in the freezer for about 2 months if stored properly in an airtight container. Defrost overnight in the fridge when you’re ready to use.
What to serve with spicy feta dip
This paprika dip can be served (like the traditional recipe) as a part of a cheese platter with:
- Warm pita bread
- Crunchy pita chips
- Tortilla chips
- Crusty bread
- Fresh veggies like carrots, celery and cucumbers sliced into sticks for dipping.
More serving suggestions
- In sandwiches: Use it as a spread for sandwiches or wraps to add a flavorful kick to your lunch or dinner.
- Top Off Grilled Meats: Spoon over grilled or baked chicken, steak, or fish to infuse them with the spicy feta dip’s robust flavors.
- Soup topping: Drizzle the paprika dip over soups like creamy pumpkin carrot soup to make them more flavorful.
- Salad Dressing: Thin it out with a bit of olive oil and vinegar for a unique and tangy salad dressing. Tastes amazing when added to a simple salad like roasted pumpkin quinoa salad or easy balsamic pasta salad.
- On roasted vegetables: Add a dollop to a bowl of easy green beans and carrots or balsamic roasted brussels sprouts and carrots.
- Part of a Mezze Platter: Include it alongside olives, hummus, and other Mediterranean dips for a flavorful mezze spread.
- On pasta: This versatile paprika dip tastes great as pasta sauce!
More dips and chutneys
A delicious sugar-free, oil-free chutney that can be used as a side or dip and takes a few minutes to make.
Make this sweet, spicy and tangy green mango chutney easily at home with just 5 ingredients.
Click here for more sauces and chutneys.
★★★★★Did you try this recipe? Please give a star rating in the comments below ★★★★★
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Join over 1000 home cooks like you who subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get all the latest recipes right in your inbox. Or follow me on your favorite social media: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. Thank you and happy cooking!
Hi! I’m Sheeba, welcome to Go Healthy ever after!
I have a passion for cooking delicious nourishing food that’s easy to cook with fresh natural ingredients free from additives or preservatives. The easy healthy recipes you find here will inspire you to cook with creativity.