This keema chicken recipe with eggs is a fun take on chicken keema, Indian minced chicken recipe made with ground chicken and spices. These eggs filled with chicken mince are delicious starters that can become a family favorite!
About the recipe
Chicken kheema is usually served as a side or used to make sandwiches/rolls or curry. This keto chicken mince recipe with ground chicken breast and eggs is an easy appetizer that can make a weekend family lunch or brunch special. It can also be made with leftover chicken. (tips below)
Keema chicken is prepared by sautéing ground chicken with onions, tomatoes, spices and yogurt. Eggs are hard-boiled, the yolks removed, mashed and mixed with the cooked chicken mince. The egg whites are then filled with this delicious mixture. It is as easy as it sounds. A creative chicken keema recipe that is easier and fancier than the classic one!
Chicken kofta curry is another easy Indian recipe with ground chicken in which chicken meatballs are cooked in a creamy gravy.
You will rate this as one of the best Indian minced chicken recipes because
- It is one of the easiest and healthiest keto chicken recipes.
- Like most egg and chicken recipes, it is high-protein and low-carb, using lean meat.
- Other than being a great party appetizer, this can easily be one of those egg recipes you can have not only for breakfast but also for lunch or dinner.
- Chicken can be replaced with minced fish, prawns or vegetables. But it really gives you a kick to eat an egg with chicken inside! You don’t have to worry about which came first!
- You can use the leftover chicken filling for grilled sandwiches the next day- a perfect lunch box idea. The filling keeps well for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator (depending on the freshness of your eggs).
Is chicken keema healthy?
THIS VERSION definitely is. The egg, being a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals, high-quality protein and disease-fighting nutrients like carotenoids and choline, is a favorite for many of us.
So easy to cook and so good to eat! And what better way to cook than with chicken inside making it more flavorful as well as healthier? Win-win!
You will need hard-boiled eggs, minced chicken, onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, chili powder or cayenne pepper, yogurt and coriander leaves with some spring onions for garnishing. I’ve sprinkled paprika for garnishing purposes, which is completely optional. It might seem like a lot of ingredients, but the cooking part is quite straightforward. The only hard part is to prevent yourself from finishing off the filling before putting it into the egg whites!
Step by step instructions
How to hard boil fresh eggs and peel them easily
- Place the eggs in a pot, cover completely with water and set to boil on high heat.
- Once it comes to a boil, turn off the flame and close with a lid.
- Prepare a bowl of ice water.
- After 15 minutes, remove the eggs and plunge them into ice water for 5 minutes.
- This way the eggs are perfectly cooked and are easy to peel.
Peel and slice the eggs into halves lengthwise. Remove the yolks carefully with a small spoon and mash. Keep aside.
How to make ground chicken
You can buy chicken mince or make your own ground chicken from breasts. I prefer making my own mince because store-bought chicken mince may be mixed with fat sometimes and it is difficult to remove it.
Chop the boneless chicken breasts into chunks and mince using a food processor. If you don’t have one, you can mince the chicken into fine pieces using a sharp knife.
How to make chicken keema and egg yolk filling
(You can find the exact measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this page.)
Heat cooking oil in a pan and saute the onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and chicken, then add the spices and yogurt. (Optionally, in addition to the above spices, I like to add coriander powder and garam masala for more flavor. See recipe card for quantities.) Once the chicken is cooked, which takes about 10 minutes, turn off the flame. Mix in coriander leaves. Chicken keema masala is ready.
Now add the cooked and mashed egg yolks. Mix well. Spoon the filling into the egg whites and garnish with spring onions.
What to eat with keema chicken filled eggs
Eat these eggs with keema chicken as a starter or part of a meal pairing with:
If you like Indian ground chicken recipes, you might love chicken meatball curry, too.
Looking for oven-baked chicken recipes? Try
More chicken recipes
★★★★★Did you try this recipe? Please give a star rating in the comments below ★★★★★
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Join over 1000 home cooks like you who subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get all the latest recipes right in your inbox. Or follow me on your favorite social media: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. Thank you and happy cooking!