This low carb, keto deviled eggs recipe with chicken and Greek yogurt is a healthy take on the classic – deviled eggs without mayo, yet creamy and yummy! An easy appetizer and a crowd-pleaser for any party, these chicken deviled eggs can also double-up as a holiday recipe made with leftover chicken.
An easy deviled eggs recipe with a delicious chicken stuffing that can make a weekend family breakfast special. It is also one way to make the best use of leftover chicken from last night’s dinner. A breakfast par egg-cellence!
You will rate this as one of the best keto deviled egg recipes because
- it is healthier than the classic version, substituting high-calorie mayo with Greek yogurt.
- like all chicken and egg recipes, it is high-protein and low-carb, using lean meat instead of bacon.
- other than being a great party appetizer, this can easily be one of those egg recipes you can have for lunch or dinner.
- chicken can be replaced with minced fish, prawns or vegetables. But it really gives you a kick to eat a deviled egg with chicken inside! You don’t have to worry about which came first!
- you can use the leftover chicken filling for grilled sandwiches the next day- a perfect lunch box idea. The filling keeps well for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator (depending on the freshness of your eggs).
- serve warm or chilled, TASTES GREAT either way!
are deviled eggs healthy?
THIS VERSION definitely is. The egg, being a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals, high-quality protein and disease-fighting nutrients like carotenoids and choline, is a favorite for many of us. So easy to cook and so good to eat! And what better way to cook than with chicken inside making it more flavorful as well as healthier? Win-win!
What you need for the no mayo deviled eggs
You will need hard-boiled eggs, minced chicken, onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, chili powder or cayenne pepper, yogurt and cilantro with some chives and paprika for garnishing. It might seem like a lot of ingredients for a deviled egg recipe, but the cooking part is quite straight forward. The only hard part is to prevent yourself from finishing off the filling before putting it into the egg whites!
How to make deviled eggs without mayo
Hard boil the eggs
Place the eggs in a saucepan, cover completely with cold water and set to boil on high heat. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and let it simmer for 8 minutes. Remove the eggs and plunge them in ice water for 5 minutes. This way the eggs are perfectly cooked and are easy to peel. Peel and slice them into halves lengthwise. Remove the yolks carefully with a small spoon and mash.
Chicken and egg yolk filling for the deviled eggs
(Detailed instructions in the recipe card below)
Heat cooking oil in a pan and saute the onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and chicken, then add the spices and yogurt. Once the chicken is cooked, which takes about 10 minutes, turn off the heat and add the cooked and mashed egg yolks.
Spoon the filling into the egg whites and garnish with chives and paprika.
what to eat with deviled eggs
Eat these deviled eggs whenever you want- for breakfast, lunch or dinner, pairing with:
- lentil salad or beet orange salad.
- chickpea curry soup or lentil soup.
- cauliflower rice stir-fry.
- no-mayo coleslaw.
*****Did you try this recipe? Please give a star rating in the comments below to help more readers see this post. *****
Or why not subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get all the latest recipes right in your inbox?
Thank you and happy cooking!